Lesson 6 - Working with ZIP archives in PHP New
In the previous lesson, Working with INI files in PHP, we learned about text files in the INI format and how to work with them in PHP.
In today's lesson, we'll take a look at the ZIP file format, which allows us to package multiple files or entire folders into a single file and compress them losslessly. This allows us to send the visitor of our website as little data as possible and save both his and our internet bandwidth
We will learn how to:
- install the necessary extensions,
- create a ZIP archive fill it with files,
- get metadata of compressed files,
- extract the whole archive and
- get the contents of individual files in the archive.
...End of the preview...
You've come here and that's great! We believe that the first lessons showed you something new and useful
Do you want to continue the course? Go to the premium section.
- Unlimited and permanent access to individual lessons.
- High quality IT knowledge.
- Skills to help you get your dream and well-paid job.
Requested article covers this content:
We'll learn to work with archives in ZIP format in PHP. We'll discuss the ZipArchive class and use its methods.
You gain points by supporting our network. This is done by sending a helpful amount of money to support the site, or by creating content for the network.